All Nandini’s courses use the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). Log in to Canvas with your IISER Tirupati students email ID and find the relevant course. Courses prior to Monsoon 2017 used the Google Classroom LMS. Active course links will be posted here.
Upcoming Courses #
- Evolution (BIO 313/613): Monsoon 2022
- Introductory Biology 1 (BIO 111; taught with others): Monsoon 2022
Teaching at IISER Tirupati #
- Evolution (BIO 313/613): Monsoon 2017, Monsoon 2021
- Behavioural Ecology (BIO 332/632): Monsoon 2018, Monsoon 2020
- Genome Sequence Analysis (BIO 461/761): Spring 2020
- Evolutionary & Phylogenetic Analysis (BIO 322/622): Spring 2018
- Quantitative Ecology (BIO 319/619): 2018 (NKN with CES, IISc)
- Biology for Society (BIO 213): Monsoon 2019
- Ecology and Evolution (BIO 211): Monsoons only 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Probability and Statistics (MTH 221): Spring 2017, Spring 2018
- Introductory Biology 1 (BIO 111): Monsoon 2018, Monsoon 2019, Monsoon 2020, Spring 2021, Monsoon 2021
Teaching outside IISER Tirupati #
- IIT Tirupati - Lectures in Integrated Impact Assessment (CE5023): Spring 2020
- IIT Tirupati - Lectures in Ecology and Environment (ID 1200): Spring 2019, Spring 2020
- SACON - Lectures: Spring 2019
- Genomics workshop at IISER Tirupati (Spring 2018): Organised with Dr. Nagarjun Vijay, IISER Bhopal
- Workshop: How to read a scientific paper (Summer 2021): Cotton University
Previous Teaching Experience #
- Module on nocturnal birds, Ornithology course (Instructor). Mt. Carmel’s College, Bangalore, India, 2011.
- Organismal Biology Course (BIOL 1030) (Instructor). Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, USA, 2009.
- Ecology (BIOL 3060), Behavioural Ecology (BIOL 7970) (Guest Lectures). Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, USA, 2009, 2010.
- Ecology (BIOL 3060) , Organismal Biology (BIOL 1030) (Teaching Assistant). Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, USA 2010, 2008, 2007, 2004, 2003.
- Workshop: How to read a scientific paper:
A workshop course that deconstructs reading papers and maintaining good reading habits. Some versions of the workshop include writing exercises as well. Previously offered at Tibetan Scientific Society Conference-December 2015, Students Conference on Conservation Science 2014, Young Ecologists Talk and Interact (YETI) conference 2012, Students Conference on Conservation Science 2012, YETI 2011, Nature Conservation Foundation.
- Workshop: Datathon on data visualisation techniques:
The workshop with explanations and demonstrations of different visualization tools and methods using datasets and practice sessions. Conducted at Students Conference on Conservation Science 2012.