Swati Udayraj, Senan D'Souza, Aravind P S, Rakesh Muni, & Nandini Rajamani (2023). A comprehensive database of squirrel distribution and occurrence in South Asia. Biodiversity Data Journal,11: e109946. https://doi.org/10.3897/BDJ.11.e109946
Nivetha Murugesan, Senan D’Souza, Shijisha A C, Russell A. Ligon, & Nandini Rajamani (2023). Multifunctional evolution of palm squirrel coat colour and pattern. bioRxiv, 2023.09.15.557893. https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.09.15.557893
Harsha Kumar, Dhanesh Ponnu, Senan D’Souza, Debarpita Das, Skarma Thundup, & Nandini Rajamani (2023). Scale-dependent niche segregation along dimensions of rocks, vegetation and elevation in sympatric pikas of Ladakh. Authorea, March 20, 2023. https://doi.org/10.22541/au.167934323.36333229/v1
Harsha Kumar, Senan D’Souza, Dhanesh Ponnu, & Nandini Rajamani (2023). Characterization of haying behaviour by the Ladakh Pika(Ochotona ladacensis) and the Nubra Pika (Ochotona nubrica) from the Changthang, Ladakh, India. (In review at Journal of Mammalogy)
- Swati Udayraj, Senan D'Souza, Aravind P S, & Nandini Rajamani (2023). IISERTPT Squirrels of South Asia Database - Version1. Version 1.5. IISER Tirupati. Occurrence dataset https://doi.org/10.15468/mnqzj... accessed via GBIF.org on 2023-11-16. https://www.gbif.org/dataset/f842ea5a-e38c-4be2-924d-c065b41215b0
Talks and Posters #
- Adhithi Balaji, Rakesh Muni, Shivani Jadega & Nandini Rajamani. To eat or not to eat: How three-striped palm squirrels (Funambulus palmarum) respond to novel food setups and items across urban and rural areas. Poster at the 14ᵗʰ Students Conference for Conservation Science, Coimbatore, 09-12 October 2023.
Kavitha Unni K K, Swati Udayraj, Deval Kadam, Senan D’Souza, Jehan Bhujwala, Shomita Mukherjee & Nandini Rajamani. Co-occurrence of sympatric carnivores across a matrix of habitat types. Poster at the 14ᵗʰ Students Conference for Conservation Science, Coimbatore, 09-12 October 2023.
Manzoor Dar, Harsha Kumar, Nandini Rajamani, & Manzoor Shah. Phytoliths reveal diet of the critically endangered Hangul (Cervus hanglu hanglu) in Kashmir. Talk at the 59ᵗʰ Annual Meeting of the Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation, Coimbatore, 02-06 July 2023.
Jeevan X Kodiyan, Prachi Thatte, Abi Tamim Vanak, Harsha Kumar, Uma Ramakrishnan, Shomita Mukherjee, & Nandini Rajamani. Comparative study of Jungle cat (Felis chaus) diet and habitat characteristics in Central India. Talk at the 59ᵗʰ Annual Meeting of the Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation, Coimbatore, 02-06 July 2023.
Popular Writing #
- Sanjay Prasad Ganguli. 2023. A Tail of Survival: The Malabar Giant Squirrels of Kodaikanal. The Kodai Chronicle, May 16, 2023. https://www.thekodaichronicle.com/environment/a-tail-of-survival-the-malabar-giant-squirrels-of-kodaikanal/
- Rigzen Mingyur. 2022. Melting Glaciers And Human Adaptability. Sanctuary Asia, Vol. 42 No. 6, June 2022. https://sanctuarynaturefoundation.org/article/melting-glaciers-and-human-adaptability
* Cases where Nandini was the External Advisor
- *Rithika S. 2022. A study on the usage of a citizen science platform as a tool for biodiversity analysis across the urban-rural gradient of Tirupati. Master's Thesis, Pondicherry University.
- Harsha Jagadeesh. 2022. A study on camouflage-influenced behavioural decisions in Funambulus palmarum. Master's Thesis, IISER Tirupati.
- Keerthi O. 2022. Coat colouration and camouflage advantages in giant squirrels in the genus Ratufa. Master's Thesis, IISER Tirupati.