- Mrugank Dake, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits his Master's thesis titled "Statistical and machine learning approaches to squirrel acoustics".
- Anushesh Nigam, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits his Master's thesis titled "Macronutrient analysis of three-striped palm squirrel's diet".
- Article in the Mid-Day titled 'Meet the squirrels of India', about species of squirrels found in India and the sciurid lab's social media outreach initiative.
- Nandini presents our crowdsourced palm squirrel work titled "Cataloguing and mapping life of India: Biodiversity informatics in India", a webinar that is part of the series Biodiversity Conversations: India’s opportunities and challenges.
- Pooja Gupta begins her art-science research scholarship with Creature Conserve in collaboration with the Sciurid Lab.
- Nandini begins term as the Secretary of the Ethological Society of India.
- Amira Sophia SP, Masters's student at AVC Mayiladuthurai College, submits her Master's thesis titled "A study on the acoustics of Malabar giant squirrel, Ratufa indica, in Kodaikanal".
- CitSci India 2020 virtual conference, where the lab presents two posters - one on Squirrels (Bishwarup, Senan, Swati, Aravind) and one on Moths (Harsha, Suyash, Senan, Viral). Nandini is on the Steering Committee of the event and co-author on a poster with researchers from SACON.
- Nandini joins the Editorial Board of Cheetal, Journal of the Wildlife Preservation Society of India, Dehradun.
- Nandini joins the Editorial Board of the journal Nature Communications Biology.
- Shijisha AC, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits her Masters thesis titled "Evolution of coat colour variation in palm squirrels: An image analysis of museum specimens".
- Pranav Unnikrishnan, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits his Masters thesis titled "Explaining the evolution of colour & patterns in squirrels using meta-analyses and experimental approaches".
- Logging poses a threat to the arboreal Travancore flying squirrel, by Viswajit Sriramrajan.
- Vanishing wizards of the night, by Janaki Lenin.
- A Day of Life - the first annual Biology Day at IISER Tirupati. Talk by Nandini about how the lab studies adaptations at various scales. Two posters from the Sciurid Lab-one featuring work in the Trans-Himalayas (Senan and Harsha) and another on selection for signals in tree squirrels (Nivetha, Shijisha, Amira, Suyash).
- Science Day at IISER Tirupati. The lab turns out in full force, with a high-altitude photo booth and a squirrel camouflage game on three iPads.
- The Sciurid Lab gets artwork and t-shirts!
- A reconnaissance field trip/ joint lab retreat - Sciurid and Bird labs at Pulicat.
- Talk at SV University (Nandini)
- Two talks (Harsha, Nandini) and a poster (Nivetha) at the National Symposium on Avian Biology, organised at IISER Tirupati.
- Bioblitz at the Tirupati Bird Festival. Talk by Nandini, massive participation by the lab (nature walks, workshops, etc).
- The first Tirupati Urban Diversity Blitz, organised by the Eco-Evo labs at IISER Tirupati!
- The Tirupati Biodiversity website goes live.
- Invited Talk at “Topics in Biology 2019: Evolution and Ecology” at IMSC Chennai (Nandini).
- Athira Aravind, Masters student at Mar Athanasios College For Advanced Studies, submits her Master's thesis titled "Amplification and Sequence Analysis of Nuclear gene (EMB) of Indian Euphorbia species".
- Evolution 2019 meeting (ASN/SSB/SSE) at Providence, RI, USA. Talk (Nandini) and poster (Harsha).
- Athira Aravind, Master's student at Mar Athanasios College For Advanced Studies, submits her Masters thesis titled "Amplification and Sequence Analysis of Nuclear gene (EMB) of Indian Euphorbia species"
- Invited Seminar at IIT Tirupati (Nandini)
- Talk at SACON (Nandini)
- Poster presentations (Aravind, Dhanesh, Senan, Swati) at the 42nd Annual Conference of the Ethological Society of India, and a poster award (Dhanesh and Aravind).
- The first Sciurid Lab retreat; at Periyar & Kodaikanal.
- Dhanesh P, Master's student at AVC College Mayiladuthurai, submits his Master's thesis titled "Nest site selection in Funambulus palmarum."
- Poster presentation by Nandini at YIM 2018, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Talk by Nandini at the Humboldt Kolleg on ‘Climate Change and Energy Options’ at Aurangabad.
- Poster presentations at YETI 2018 (Harsha, Nivetha, Senan, Swati, Shijisha).
- Talk by Nandini at National Seminar on Himalayan Biodiversity, University of Kashmir, Srinagar
- Poster presentation (Mihir, Nandini) at the International Biogeography Society meeting, Bangalore.
- The lab attends the Student Conference on Conservation Science (SCCS), Bangalore.
- The Sciurid Lab is set up at IISER Tirupati.