- A batch of interns complete their internship on the 'Squirrels of India' database.
- Harsha Jagadeesh, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits her Master's thesis titled " A study on camouflage-influenced behavioural decisions in Funambulus palmarum".
- Keerthi O., BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits her Master's thesis titled "Coat colouration and camouflage advantages in giant squirrels in the genus Ratufa".
- The Eastern Ghats Symposium 2022 was held on 30th April and 1st May at the Marasa Sarovar, Tirupati, organised by Dr. Nandini Rajamani and team. The symposium brought together researchers, managers and policy-makers who have worked in the landscape in the last two decades or more, in an attempt to consolidate existing knowledge, and promote dialogue and collaborations.
- The Giant Squirrels Of Palani, by Sanjay Prasad (lab alum). First published in Sanctuary Asia, Vol. 41 No. 12, December 2021.
- In the den of marmots, by Janaki Lenin. The Hindu dated 13th November, 2021
- Publication: Scientific contributions and learning experiences of citizen volunteers with a small cat project in Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai, India.
- Harsha Kumar and colleagues from IISER Tirupati publish a new butterfly record (Alida Angle) for Tirupati.
- Mrugank Dake, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits his Master's thesis titled "Statistical and machine learning approaches to squirrel acoustics".
- Anushesh Nigam, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits his Master's thesis titled "Macronutrient analysis of three-striped palm squirrel's diet".
- Article in the Mid-Day titled 'Meet the squirrels of India', about species of squirrels found in India and the sciurid lab's social media outreach initiative.
- Nandini presents our crowdsourced palm squirrel work titled "Cataloguing and mapping life of India: Biodiversity informatics in India", a webinar that is part of the series Biodiversity Conversations: India’s opportunities and challenges.
- Pooja Gupta begins her art-science research scholarship with Creature Conserve in collaboration with the Sciurid Lab.
- Nandini begins term as the Secretary of the Ethological Society of India.
- Amira Sophia SP, Masters's student at AVC Mayiladuthurai College, submits her Master's thesis titled "A study on the acoustics of Malabar giant squirrel, Ratufa indica, in Kodaikanal".
- CitSci India 2020 virtual conference, where the lab presents two posters - one on Squirrels (Bishwarup, Senan, Swati, Aravind) and one on Moths (Harsha, Suyash, Senan, Viral). Nandini is on the Steering Committee of the event and co-author on a poster with researchers from SACON.
- Nandini joins the Editorial Board of Cheetal, Journal of the Wildlife Preservation Society of India, Dehradun.
- Nandini joins the Editorial Board of the journal Nature Communications Biology.
- Shijisha AC, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits her Masters thesis titled "Evolution of coat colour variation in palm squirrels: An image analysis of museum specimens".
- Pranav Unnikrishnan, BSMS IISER Tirupati, submits his Masters thesis titled "Explaining the evolution of colour & patterns in squirrels using meta-analyses and experimental approaches".
- Logging poses a threat to the arboreal Travancore flying squirrel, by Viswajit Sriramrajan.
- Vanishing wizards of the night, by Janaki Lenin.
- A Day of Life - the first annual Biology Day at IISER Tirupati. Talk by Nandini about how the lab studies adaptations at various scales. Two posters from the Sciurid Lab-one featuring work in the Trans-Himalayas (Senan and Harsha) and another on selection for signals in tree squirrels (Nivetha, Shijisha, Amira, Suyash).
- Science Day at IISER Tirupati. The lab turns out in full force, with a high-altitude photo booth and a squirrel camouflage game on three iPads.
- The Sciurid Lab gets artwork and t-shirts!
- A reconnaissance field trip/ joint lab retreat - Sciurid and Bird labs at Pulicat.
- Talk at SV University (Nandini)
- Two talks (Harsha, Nandini) and a poster (Nivetha) at the National Symposium on Avian Biology, organised at IISER Tirupati.
- Bioblitz at the Tirupati Bird Festival. Talk by Nandini, massive participation by the lab (nature walks, workshops, etc).
- The first Tirupati Urban Diversity Blitz, organised by the Eco-Evo labs at IISER Tirupati!
- The Tirupati Biodiversity website goes live.
- Invited Talk at “Topics in Biology 2019: Evolution and Ecology” at IMSC Chennai (Nandini).
- Athira Aravind, Masters student at Mar Athanasios College For Advanced Studies, submits her Master's thesis titled "Amplification and Sequence Analysis of Nuclear gene (EMB) of Indian Euphorbia species".
- Evolution 2019 meeting (ASN/SSB/SSE) at Providence, RI, USA. Talk (Nandini) and poster (Harsha).
- Athira Aravind, Master's student at Mar Athanasios College For Advanced Studies, submits her Masters thesis titled "Amplification and Sequence Analysis of Nuclear gene (EMB) of Indian Euphorbia species"
- Invited Seminar at IIT Tirupati (Nandini)
- Talk at SACON (Nandini)
- Poster presentations (Aravind, Dhanesh, Senan, Swati) at the 42nd Annual Conference of the Ethological Society of India, and a poster award (Dhanesh and Aravind).
- The first Sciurid Lab retreat; at Periyar & Kodaikanal.
- Dhanesh P, Master's student at AVC College Mayiladuthurai, submits his Master's thesis titled "Nest site selection in Funambulus palmarum."
- Poster presentation by Nandini at YIM 2018, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Talk by Nandini at the Humboldt Kolleg on ‘Climate Change and Energy Options’ at Aurangabad.
- Poster presentations at YETI 2018 (Harsha, Nivetha, Senan, Swati, Shijisha).
- Talk by Nandini at National Seminar on Himalayan Biodiversity, University of Kashmir, Srinagar
- Poster presentation (Mihir, Nandini) at the International Biogeography Society meeting, Bangalore.
- The lab attends the Student Conference on Conservation Science (SCCS), Bangalore.
- The Sciurid Lab is set up at IISER Tirupati.