In this research group, we study the behavioural ecology and evolutionary biology of animal populations, often within the context of environmental and habitat change. We work across multiple landscapes in India, including the Trans-Himalayas, Western, and Eastern Ghats. Our model system involves species from the squirrel family (Sciuridae) but also extends to the Pikas (Ochotonidae). We also encourage public participation in squirrel data-gathering, through our citizen science initiatives.
Latest News #
- Mingyur's article on 'Melting Glaciers and Human Adaptability' is published in the Sanctuary Nature Foundation magazine
- Rithika S. successfully defends her Master's thesis at Pondicherry University.
- A batch of interns complete their internship on the 'Squirrels of India' database.
- Keerthi O. and Harsha Jagadeesh successfully defend their Master's theses at IISER Tirupati.
- The Eastern Ghats Symposium 2022 was held on 30th April and 1st May at the Marasa Sarovar, Tirupati, organised by Dr. Nandini Rajamani and team.